‘Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic always find solutions,’ warns Stefanos Tsitsipas
Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are ‘legends of the sport’ because of their ability to find solutions, says Stefanos Tsitsipas.
Nadal and Djokovic both played their first tournaments in more than six weeks in Monte-Carlo this week.
Both also suffered surprise early exits, with Djokovic losing in round three to Dan Evans and Nadal defeated by Andrey Rublev in the quarter-finals.
Tsitsipas, though, does not believe their losses in Monte-Carlo is indicative of any kind of decline, and they will find a way to win again soon – because it’s what they do.
“We’re used to seeing Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal go deep in the tournaments,” Tsitsipas said after his semi-final win over Evans.
“They are getting older but it doesn’t seem to bother them at all. They always find solutions to everything. This is what makes them great players – the legends of our sport.
“They seem to be in good shape again, just as they were before, despite taking a two or three-month break.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner