‘Rafa Nadal is ahead of Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic’, believes Boris Becker
Six-time major champion Boris Becker said Rafael Nadal is “ahead” of Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic “because of the way he plays the game”.
The German coached world No.1 Djokovic for three years until 2016, but he currently gives the edge to world No. 3 Nadal in the debate over the greatest male player of all-time.
“Nadal is ahead (of Djokovic and Federer), in my book, because of the way he plays the game,” the former world No.1 told BBC Sport.
“I would rate Federer as the most talented I have ever seen, I would rate Djokovic as the most fierce I have ever seen, but Nadal, boy, when he gets going and picks his shorts and the eyebrows, I wouldn’t want to play him on any surface.”
Nadal, 34, and Federer, 39, are both tied on a male record of 20 Grand Slam titles – while 34-year-old Djokovic has won 18 majors.
The Spaniard is widely seen as heavy favourite to win a 14th French Open crown at this year’s event – which begins on Sunday.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner