‘Proud of my performance’ – Stefanos Tsitsipas beats Cameron Norrie to win Lyon title
Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Cameron Norrie in straight sets to win the Lyon Open and claim his seventh career ATP title.
The Greek prevailed 6-3, 6-3 over world No. 49 Norrie in the final of the ATP 250 event to continue his fine form in 2021.
After saving three break points in the opening game, the world No. 5 did not face another – and broke once in the first set and twice in the second for victory.
“I felt in a good shape from beginning of the tournament. I felt that things were going my way. I’m proud of today’s match,” Tsitsipas said in an on-court interview.
Seventh heaven ☁️
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) May 23, 2021
“I knew it would be a difficult one against Cameron, who has been showing great tennis this week. He has been winning against good players and showing what the left hand can do on clay.
“It wasn’t an easy match, I had to handle the nerves and all these things. I’m proud of my performance and the way I stayed focused towards my goal.
“It’s about getting there (the French Open) as early as possible. Starting to practise. Getting in shape for the big Parisian Grand Slam which I adore and love, and hopefully something good can come out of it.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner