Pic of the Day: Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares
In only their third tournament together, the pair lifted a second trophy after winning in Sydney a fortnight ago. For Jamie Murray, who reached the final at Wimbledon and the US Open last season, it was his first men’s doubles Grand Slam title.
“For me, the Grand Slam men’s doubles, that is going to be the pinnacle of my career other than Davis Cup obviously,” said Murray. “This is what I’m working towards every day, every time I step on the court.
“It’s an amazing feeling to have realised that with Bruno. We played a great tournament. Did a lot of great things on the court together. I’m pretty speechless.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner