Pic of the Day: Elena Vesnina and Bruno Soares
Soares and Vesnina defeated Horia Tecau and Coco Vandeweghe 6-4 4-6 10-5 on Rod Laver Arena on Sunday.
“It feels amazing,” said Soares, who won the men’s doubles title with Jamie Murray on Saturday. “It was long days, tough days. I mean, last night I finished really late. It’s tough. There was a lot of adrenaline going on. It was tough to sleep before heading onto Rod Laver Arena.
“But I knew I had another important day today. You don’t get the chance to play many Grand Slam finals. I think you got to make the most of it. I mean, it’s special. To get the chance to play one and win one, it’s already extremely special.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner