Patrick McEnroe: ‘Novak Djokovic should win majors for the next two to three years’
Patrick McEnroe said a “healthy and hungry” Novak Djokovic should be able to win one or two majors in each of the next two to three years.
The American – a successful former singles and doubles player who is now an analyst – also criticised Daniil Medvedev’s performance in his Australian Open final defeat to Djokovic in February.
“If Djokovic can stay healthy and hungry – which it appears likely – he should be able to win one to two majors a year for the next two or three years,” McEnroe told Tennis.com
“He (Medvedev) had no game plan I could see. And he never signaled that he was willing to pay whatever physical price was required to win, which is what you have to do with Djokovic.
“It always comes down to the most minor of details, but that’s what it will take to beat these guys at big tournaments – the full package. Not only are the top three guys physically better, but their racket skills are better.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner