‘One of my biggest achievements’ – Cameron Norrie on Queen’s Club run
Cameron Norrie has described reaching the final of the Queen’s Club Championships as one of the biggest achievements of his career so far.
The world No. 41 also said he is looking forward to playing a “tough” final against top seed and world No. 9 Matteo Berrettini.
The rising British star defeated No. 2 seed Denis Shapovalov 7-5, 6-3 in the semi-finals of the ATP 500 tournament.
“It hasn’t really sunk in yet. I think I played very good today and I’m so pleased to be through to the final here. All credit to Denis, it was a tough match,” Norrie said in a post-match interview.
— cinch Championships (@QueensTennis) June 19, 2021
“I have doubles later on but obviously it’s a huge tournament for me and one of my biggest achievements so far. Let’s see if I can go one better tomorrow.
“I’ve watched him [Berrettini] a little bit throughout the week, he has a huge serve, he likes a drop shot. I saw him play earlier today and he had a really good day so it’s not going to be easy. I’m looking forward to it.”
The 25-year-old will be playing in his biggest final to date – having finished as a runner-up at three ATP 250 events.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner