‘Novak Djokovic will never be the greatest,’ says Nick Kyrgios in fresh attack
Nick Kyrgios has launched another attack on Novak Djokovic, insisting that he will never consider him the greatest of all time.
Kyrgios has been a regular critic of the world number one in recent years, and branded him a ‘tool’ last week after he tried to intervene with Australian Open safety protocols.
The Australian wasn’t finished there, though, with him using his social media to attack him again accompanied by the caption ‘I ain’t holding back.’
“No matter how many grand slams he wins, like, he will never be the greatest to me, simply because I’ve played him twice.,” Kyrgios said.
“And, I’m sorry, but if you can’t beat me you’re not the greatest of all-time.”
Remarkably, Novak Djokovic has never managed to beat Kyrgios, with the Australian beating him in their only two meetings to date.
Even more surprising is that Djokovic has failed to ever even take a set from Kygrios.
Kyrgios has not played for almost a year after deciding to remove himself from competition while tennis came to grips with the coronavirus situation, although he is expected to return at the Australian Open.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner