‘Novak Djokovic still has five years left at the top,’ says former WTA star
Daniela Hantuchova believes Novak Djokovic will be at the top for ‘at least four or five’ more years after hailing the Serb’s quality.
Djokovic has won 17 Grand Slams and next year should surpass Roger Federer for the most weeks at world number one.
And Hantuchova, who has always been close to the Djokovic camp, believes there is still a lot more to come from the Serbian.
“Given Novak’s willpower and fitness, he can be around for a very long time,’ Hantuchova said on her podcast.
“I feel he has so much left in his game. He is so strong physically and mentally I would say at least four or five years.
“The way the physios do their work and the rehab, the recovery techniques are completely different to what they were 15 years ago so he recovers better.
“Perhaps it’s really about whether it still fulfils him.”
Novak Djokovic has had another fine season and will be crowned year-end world number one for a record-equalling sixth time later this month.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner