‘Novak Djokovic looks scary good right now,’ says former world number one
Mats Wilander says Novak Djokovic looks ‘scary good’ right now after he won a 19th career major at the French Open.
Djokovic rallied from two sets down to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas in Sunday’s final to add to the Australian Open title he won earlier this year.
That leaves him halfway to a clean sweep of the majors this year, and Eurosport expert Wilander believes you’d be crazy to bet against him right now.
“We are now heading into the season where we would have to put Novak as the favourite to win Wimbledon most probably, favourite at the US Open because of what he does on hard courts.
“So yes, it’s on and the way he looks – he looks young, he looks so fresh at the end, he looks scary good and motivated.
“It’s not what he tells himself in the mind when he is two sets to love down, is he able to completely forget what the score is and is it just about he spent two hours with his opponent and now knows exactly what he needs to do?
“He pulls off the right shots at the right time. He looks fresher and fresher as the match going on.
“He’s so clever, he’s strong and he’s so calm these days. He looks unbeatable in the third, fourth and fifth.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner