Novak Djokovic adds a third – and probably final – clay court tournament to his Roland Garros preparations
Novak Djokovic has added the Monte Carlo Masters to his schedule as he looks set to cement his plans for clay court season.
The Monte Carlo Masters is seen as a prestigious and important piece of build-up for the French Open.
It’s a tournament he has done well in before too, with back-to-back titles in 2013 and 2014.
Djokovic will also defend his Madrid Masters title as well as the Italian Open, making it a pretty comprehensive program for the world number one.
Before turning his attention to clay, there is the small matter of the Sunshine Double for Djokovic.
He will play Indian Wells and the Miami Open in March, and it’s something he’s looking forward to.
“I love coming back to play in Miami because it’s home to some of the greatest tennis fans in the world,” Djokovic said.
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates with our legendary newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner