Nestor hits milestone in Sydney
Nestor notched up the milestone at the Sydney International, where he partnered world No.1 Marcelo Melo to victory in the first round.
Roger Federer was the third man in history to pass the 1000-landmark last year, following in the footsteps of Jimmy Connors and Ivan Lendl, but Nestor beat Mike Bryan to become the first to achieve the feat in doubles.
“I have always felt the losses more than enjoyed the wins,” Nestor told ATPWorldTour.com. “You have these tough losses that you deem are far worse, if you deem to get better.
“I have tried to be the best I can be. I have regrets in singles, but in doubles, I have felt I have done everything that I could. It takes a lot out of you, the stress.
“I’m one of the guys who is a perfectionist, so little things bother me. When I haven’t played so well at big tournaments it can lead to fatigue later in tournaments.”
|Most successful partnerships||Wins||Titles||Majors|
*Courtesy of ATPWorldTour.com
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner