‘Nadal can’t rule Paris forever. It’s just a question of time’, says Boris Becker
Boris Becker believes Stefanos Tsitsipas and Alexander Zverev are “almost on a par” with Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.
The six-time major winner said that Nadal “remains the top favourite” to win the 2021 French Open, but added “successors have to come”.
In the semi-finals of Roland Garros on Friday, Tsitsipas will face Zverev – while Nadal and Djokovic will meet for the 58th time.
“I’m not a clairvoyant, but the top favorite for me remains Nadal, that hasn’t changed. At some point, the successors have to come,” said Eurosport expert Becker.
“Nadal can’t rule Paris forever. I also see that Djokovic can win such a tournament, but Tsitsipas and Zverev are also almost on a par. For me, it’s just a question of time.”
Djokovic leads the overall head-to-head with Nadal 29-28 – though the Spaniard has won seven of the eight meetings at the French Open.
Tsitsipas and Zverev will be facing off for the eighth time – with the Greek having won five of the previous encounters.
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner