Top

Nadal approval for Wimbledon roof

0 Shares

 

Originally published on: 26/02/10 12:26

Nadal, who will defend his title this summer, welcomed the All England club’s decision to introduce the new covering for this year’s event.

“I saw a picture and it looks good,” said Nadal. “I think it’s a good option but I hope we don’t need to use it.”

The Spaniard arrived in Rome on Monday fresh from winning his fifth straight Barcelona Open, having previously claimed a record fifth straight Monte-Carlos Masters.

Having improved to 24-1 in clay court finals in picking up his fourth title of the season, Nadal feels confident about his chances in the Italian capital.

“I didn’t have any tough games except the final in Barcelona,” said Nadal. “So I’m not tired. I hope I can continue to play well two weeks in a row.

“I love this tournament, I won it three times in the past and I would love to win it again.

“I’m going to try my best every day knowing that (Roger) Federer, (Andy) Murray and Novak Djokovic are also good on clay.”

Nadal will have to play the waiting game to find out who his first opponent will be at the ATP Italian international with rain having delayed the first round of games.

The Rome title was the only clay-court event the Spaniard did not win last year – he lost in the second round to former French Open champion Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Now get the WORLD’S BEST TENNIS MAGAZINE here


0 Shares
Copy link