‘My career has been really weird so far,’ admits Naomi Osaka
Naomi Osaka admits her career has been ‘really weird’ in that it consists of Grand Slam successes but very little else.
The Japanese star has won six titles in her career so far, with half of them coming at Grand Slam level.
Two others have come at WTA 1000 level, meaning she is very much a big event specialist.
However, she says that lack of consistency bothers her a little and it’s something she intends to put right.
“I would say, I don’t really look at my record or whatever,” Osaka told reporters in Melbourne.
“I go into each tournament just trying to do best that I can.
“I know that, I have a really weird career in the way that I don’t really do that great at small tournaments. I am hoping to fix that.
“I want to do well at every tournament that I play.”
Naomi Osaka, who is the world number three, has won two US Open titles in her career as well as an Australian Open crown.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner