Murray and Soares into semifinals
Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares defeated Chris Guccione and Andre Sa 7-6(9) 2-6 6-3. The first set lasted an hour and fifteen minutes.
“I think we should be proud of the way we came back in the third set,” said Murray. “I am really happy to get through because it was not an easy match, difficult circumstances and conditions weren’t particularly easy I didn’t think. Overall I was really glad to get through and to be in the semi finals.”
Murray and Soares won the Australian Open earlier this year but before Wimbledon last year Murray had never made the semi-final of a Grand Slam, now he has made four of the last six and the pair has already qualified for the ATP World Tour Finals.
“I don’t think I have played my best tennis, I have been struggling with my serve a bit,” admitted Murray. “Today was better, especially the first set, and it brings a bit more stress when you are not fully in control of what you believe you are going to bring to the court. We have been winning matches and that brings confidence, and I really think tomorrow, I will play better again.”
They will meet the No.1 seeds Pierre-Hughes Herbert and Nicolas Mahut in Thursday’s semi final.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner