LTA to provide free tickets for key workers for Wimbledon warm-up events
The LTA is making more than 1000 free tickets available to key workers for its grass court tournaments ahead of Wimbledon this summer.
The tickets will be for four events in the UK – Birmingham, Nottingham, Queen’s and Eastbourne. The tournaments are expected to operate at about 25% capacity – a number subject to UK government and Public Health England guidance.
Tickets will be offered to key workers – from the NHS, police force, fire service, transport workers and other local authority workers – local to each event venue.
“We are delighted to be able to make these tickets available to key workers to thank them for their incredible efforts over the past 14 months,” said LTA chief executive Scott Lloyd.
“Everyone at the LTA is very grateful for the sacrifices they have made in what has been an exceptionally difficult time for the whole country and we sincerely hope that they will enjoy our events.
“Sport isn’t the same without spectators and, even though our events this year will operate with reduced capacity crowds, I can’t wait to see supporters back in the stands – with key workers among them.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner