Jannik Sinner ‘has all the tools to do amazing things’ in tennis claims ATP rival
Jannik Sinner suffered an early exit at 2021 Cincinnati Masters against home favourite John Isner, however he heaped praised on the Italian sensation.
The 20-year-old lost in the opening round of Toronto Masters last week, nevertheless he has enjoyed a successful US hard-court swing so far after winning Citi Open earlier this month.
Many believe the youngster is destined for the top due to his natural ability and early maturity. The big-serving American pointed out he ‘has everything’ to achieve success on tour.
“That’s a good question, because I was just telling my coach about 20, 30 minutes ago that he (Jannik Sinner) has everything,” Isner said. “He has all the tools to do amazing things in this game.”
Isner went onto describe Sinner’s outstanding qualities, particularly praising his mentality and composure.
“He’s got a great head on top of his shoulders,” Isner added. “He’s icy out there. He doesn’t get too high or too down. He keeps his head throughout the whole match. That’s something pretty special for someone who just turned 20 years old. He hasn’t come close to reaching his peak.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner