‘Jannik Sinner does not know fear,’ says respected Italian coach
Respected Italian coach Massimo Sartori says Jannik Sinner plays without fear, and that gives him a huge advantage.
Sinner is the highest-ranked teenager on the ATP Tour, and he has already started to win tournaments.
He also reached his first Masters level final last week in Miami before losing out on the title to Hubert Hurkacz.
Sartori, though, who has previously worked with Andreas Seppi and Marco Cecchinato, says there are things that set Sinner apart from the rest in terms of mentality.
“He has this extraordinary ability to learn, to create improvement even at the cost of changing [his] direction along the way,” Sartori told the Italian press.
“He is not a conservative, and if you propose to change something, he understands and grasps.
“In addition, Jannik Sinner does not know fear, which instead grips many other tennis players.”
Sinner is currently in a career-high position in the ATP rankings of 23, meaning he will be seeded at a Grand Slam for the first time at Roland Garros.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner