‘It is exciting to see Andy back’, Miami Open wildcards confirmed
The Miami Open have confirmed which players have been awarded wildcards to play in the 2021 tournament.
The year’s first Masters 1000 event will be played at the Hard Rock Stadium from March 22 – April 4.
As well as three-time major winner Andy Murray, a group of talented young players – Carlos Alcaraz, Michael Mmoh, Hugo Gaston and Jack Draper – have been granted entry into the men’s singles main draw.
Anna Kalinskaya, Ana Konjuh, Storm Sanders, Katrina Scott, Mayar Sherif, Wang Xinyu and Wang Ziyu have received wildcards into the women’s singles main draw.
“It is exciting to see Andy back in Miami,” Miami Open tournament director James Blake said.
“As someone who has had to battle back from injury during his career, I understand and respect all the hard work Andy has put in to get back on tour.”
Murray last featured at the ATP 500 event in Rotterdam – where he was beaten by eventual champion Andrey Rublev in the second round.
The world No. 118 – a champion in Miami in 2009 and 2013 – last appeared at the event in 2016.
The tournament was cancelled last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner