‘I’m super excited’ – Nick Kyrgios confirms he will play grass court ATP 250 in Mallorca
Nick Kyrgios has confirmed he will play at the Mallorca Championships in June and said “grass is my favourite surface”.
The grass court ATP 250 tournament is scheduled to be held from June 20 to 26, the week before Wimbledon starts.
“Super excited to be coming to Mallorca. Have never had the opportunity to play there before and I’m really excited,” Kyrgios said in a video posted on the event’s Twitter feed.
“I haven’t played much tennis. Grass is my favourite surface. So, to be coming to Spain, Mallorca, I’m super excited to go there. See what I can do, and hopefully we can create some memories there.”
— Mallorca Championships (@MallorcaChamps) April 28, 2021
World No. 56 Kyrgios last played at the Australian Open in February where he reached the third round – losing an epic five-setter to Dominic Thiem.
This will the first edition of the Mallorca Championships after it was set to make its debut in 2020 but was postponed due to the pandemic. It will be the first ever ATP tournament held on grass in Spain, and the first tour event hosted in Mallorca since 2002.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner