“I’m not going the sexual way” Alexander Zverev reveals his favourite (tennis) balls
He likes Dunlop but doesn’t like Babolat. That’s what Alexander Zverev had to say when asked if he likes the new ball they are playing with at the French Open this year
Alexxnder Zverev had just come through an intense and long 5 set battle with French hope Pierre-Hugues Herbert when he was asked by journalist, Jonathan Pinfield, what he thought about the somewhat controversial new Wilson ball being played with at Roland Garros this year.
Zverev answered, “I’m not going to go the sexual way with this question, even though I could!. For me the best clay court ball is the Dunlop ball and for me the worst clay court ball is the Babolat ball. So this (Wilson) is somewhere in between. The conditions make it heavy as well. We are playing in 10 degrees and rain most of the time so i’m not sure that the Babolat ball would be flying much here right now”.
Alexander Zverev now faces Italian Marco Cecchinato in the third round with the winner playing wither Italian youngster Jannik Sinner or relatively unknown Federico Coria from Argentina. Zverev beat Cecchinato in their only meeting so far in the fist round at the Australian Open earlier this year.
— Jonathan Pinfield 🎾 (@tweetsbyjp) September 30, 2020
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner