‘I was just not feeling it,’ admits Novak Djokovic as he looks to bounce back quickly
Novak Djokovic says he won’t allow his surprise defeat to Dan Evans to linger given how many clay court events there are still to come this year.
The world number one lost in straight sets to Evans at the Monte-Carlo Masters on Thursday after falling well short of his usual standards.
Afterwards, though, Djokovic was in philosophical mood, and said he will look to bounce back quickly in Belgrade next week.
“Just was obviously very, very windy, tough to play in these kind of conditions against a guy like Evans who makes you move,” Djokovic explained in his post-match press conference.
“I was just not feeling it, and playing pretty bad. Obviously right now, as I walk off the court, I’m disappointed with the way I played, the way I felt on the court.
“But it’s a long clay season. Still plenty of tournaments, plenty of room to improve.
“Obviously I have to work — hopefully get a better performance next week in Belgrade.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner