‘I need to get some wins and rebuild my confidence,” admits Andy Murray
Andy Murray says he is ‘pumped’ to be back on the court again in Rotterdam, although he admits he needs to rebuild his confidence.
Murray was struck down with injury whilst world number one on 2017, and he has never been able to make a sustained attempt at a comeback since.
His latest bid will be in Rotterdam this week, and he believes the challenges now are more mental than physical.
“I’m pumped to be back competing again,” Andy Murray told the ATP. “Physically I feel good, which is the most important thing
“Obviously the next most important thing for me is to get matches and to get back to winning again on Tour.
“I want to try and get matches, but I need to just focus on the first one and try and get through that.
“I haven’t played much and need to build my confidence and get some wins back.”
Murray will face Dutchman Robin Haase in the first round at Rotterdam, with him winning four of their five previous meetings.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner