‘I have a lot of belief in her game and potential’ – Andy Murray tips Emma Raducanu for success
Emma Raducanu continued her breakthrough 2021 with a successful run to WTA Chicago 125k final which will see her enter the world’s top 150.
The Brit took a rapid opening set playing some superb tennis, but promising Danish teenager Clara Tauson prevailed 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 to win the title.
The Toronto-born sensation was the story of Wimbledon, beating French Open finalist Marketa Vondrousova before overcoming Sorana Cirstea. The 18-year-old’s remarkable run came to an end in round four when she was forced to retire due to breathing difficulties.
Former world number one Andy Murray has praised Raducanu for the success she has had in 2021, calling it a ‘good sign’ for the future.
“Lots of people in British tennis have obviously got very high hopes for her. I’ve seen her around training and I’ve hit with her myself. I have a lot of belief in her game and her potential. Mentally, I think she is in a very good place,” said Murray.
“I think she’s really switched on and is really into her tennis. She’s certainly heading in the right direction and she will certainly continue to move up the rankings.”
Raducanu will now head off to New York for US Open qualifiers as she searches for a first hard court Major main draw.
- Keep up to date with all the breaking Wimbledon News
- Enjoy our exclusive & free ‘Guide to Wimbledon 2021′
- Order the bumper Wimbledon special issue of Tennishead magazine
- Follow our live commentary from all the biggest matches at Wimbledon
- Don’t miss a thing with our Wimbledon Live Scores service
- Follow Tennishead at Wimbledon on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all Tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner