‘I felt some sickness and weakness for a few days’ – Daniil Medvedev opens up on Covid scare
Daniil Medvedev says he suffered some ‘weakness’ due to his Covid infection, but he has completely recovered.
The world number three tested positive for Covid just before the Monte-Carlo Masters, immediately forcing him out of both that tournament and Barcelona.
He is making his return at Madrid this week, though, where he as already won a doubles match alongside Brazilian Marcela Demoliner, but he says he is now over it.
“I felt some sickness symptoms,” Medvedev explained. “It as like a strong cold, you know, or something like this.
“I had some nose and throat blocked a little bit, weakness for a few days but not more than that.
“Coming back was not easy for first four, five days, especially after laying in your bed at home.
“I feel like I had a good one week and half of practice. I just won doubles, so everything seems positive. Of course, I am looking forward to playing here.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner