‘I don’t feel pressure anymore’, declares Simona Halep ahead of Montreal return
Simona Halep has declared she ‘doesn’t feel pressure anymore’ ahead of her return to action in Montreal.
The Romanian has dropped down to world number 10 after a calf injury in May ruled her out of French Open, Wimbledon and Tokyo Olympics.
Halep is excited to return in Toronto, but isn’t putting pressure on herself to deliver her best tennis.
“I am still far from my level. I don’t expect anything big from this tournament. I was home for three months, and I enjoyed the time.”
“I felt like nothing mattered anymore, just to recover from injury. I’m really excited to be here.” Halep said.
The two-time Grand Slam champion is yet to win a title in 2021, however has lifted the winners trophy in Montreal on two occasions.
“I think I like a lot the conditions. I had great matches; I have great memories. Every time I come back here, I feel like home.”
“I like the court; I like the spectators. I can say it’s a good place to come back.” she added
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner