‘I can’t find any weaknesses’ – Boris Becker on Tsitsipas ahead of Zverev semi-final
Boris Becker said he sees Stefanos Tsitsipas, Alexander Zverev and Daniil Medvedev “fighting for the crown” over the next few years.
The six-time Grand Slam winner believes Tsitsipas has no weaknesses on clay, while Zverev has more power and can beat anyone when he is aggressive.
Fifth seed Tsitsipas and sixth seed Zverev will meet in the semi-finals of the French Open tomorrow.
“Now it’s a mental thing: Who will stay cooler? Who has the greater will? Tsitsipas can do everything quite well,” said Eurosport expert Becker.
“I can’t find any weaknesses, especially on clay – whether it’s his serve, groundstrokes or fitness. And he feels comfortable on the big stage. I see the two of them (Tsitsipas and Zverev) fighting for the crown together with Medvedev over the next few years.
“So this is just the first of many more big matches between Tsitsipas and Zverev. For me, Zverev has the most power. When he hits, there’s no stopping him.
“But he can only do that when he’s relatively close to the baseline and plays a bit more offensively. That’s the difference to all the others who are still in the tournament. But he has to do it.
“In the quarterfinal, he was a bit too passive in my opinion, he played too long rallies. If he acts a little more offensively, a little more risky, maybe he’ll make a few more mistakes, but then he can beat any player in the world.”
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner