‘I can’t feel my legs,’ admits Jennifer Brady after making first Grand Slam final
Jennifer Brady said she ‘couldn’t feel her legs’ at the end of her Australian Open semi-final, such was her excitement.
Brady beat Karolina Muchova on Thursday to reach her first ever Grand Slam final.
Afterwards, though, she was happy to admit the sheer emotion of what she had achieved had overwhelmed her.
“I can’t feel my legs,” Brady said post-match. “My legs are shaking and my heart is racing.
“I came out a little strange today. I felt super excited but at the same time I was pretty flat-footed.
“My legs felt fresh but at the same time they just weren’t moving.
“I didn’t really pick up my intensity until the beginning of the third set.
Jennifer Brady will face three-time hardcourt champion Naomi Osaka in the final, and Brady knows she will be a huge underdog.
“I’m excited to be in the final of the Australian Open,” she said.
“It’s an incredible achievement. It will be a really tough match. Osaka’s won a few grand slams, we had a tough match at the US Open in the semi-finals.
“She even said it was one of her top two matches which was a little bit unfortunate for me at the time but I think it will be a really good match and I hope the fans can come out and enjoy it.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner