‘I am moving and hitting the ball very well,’ says Novak Djokovic
Novak Djokovic says he is happy with how he is feeling on court right now after another powerful showing in Serbia.
The world number one suffered a shock loss in Monte-Carlo last week, which was his first tournament since suffering an abdominal injury at the Australian Open.
He has appeared to be much closer to his usual standards in Belgrade, though, and easily brushed off countryman Miomir Kecmanovic 6-1 6-3 to move into the semi-finals.
“I think personally I’m feeling very well on court, moving well, hitting the ball well and, of course, enjoying the home court advantage,” Djokovic said.
“So I’m really excited to go out in the semi-finals on the court again tomorrow.”
Djokovic has been as fierce a supporter of tennis in the Balkans as you could imagine, and he was quick to credit his opponent and offer his encouragement.
“There is a lot more for him to improve on with his footwork and his game — for all of us really,” Djokovic said.
“Kecmanovic definitely has the potential to go far. He has already won one tournament and I know that his goals, his ambitions, are high.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner