‘I am making a documentary,’ reveals Novak Djokovic after beating Australian Open injury
Novak Djokovic has revealed he is currently making a documentary, and fans will be able to watch it later this year.
The world number one, who reached his ninth Australian Open final on Thursday, has been allowing camera crews to follow him ‘for a few months,’ he says.
The footage will include his battle against injury at the Australian Open, which Djokovic says will feature so fans can see for themselves what he has fought through.
“Recovery has been 100% of my day for the last five days,” Djokovic told the Serbian press.
“Actually, I am making a documentary, so everyone will be able to see it. It should be up by the end of this year.
“We are recording a lot of stuff I have been going through in the last few months, so you will be able to see all of that.
On his injury and how he has recovered, Djokovic said after his semi-final win: “We took it day by day, my team, the physios.
“We timed everything correctly, so that I could give myself shot to compete. Today is the best that I felt.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner