‘I am hard to beat’ – Daniil Medvedev in confident mood ahead of Toronto
Daniil Medvedev is full of confidence going into National Bank Open in Toronto after he looks to overcome the disappointment of missing out on a medal at Tokyo Olympics.
The world number two is the number one seed in the tournament with Rafael Nadal standing as the second seed opening up the prospect of an exciting final.
Medvedev is excited for the hard court swing to get underway and is anticipating many good results.
“I am the top seed, so anything except the final will not be a good result. I want to play good tennis. I know when I play good tennis on hard courts, I am hard to beat.” said Medvedev
“I am keen to win. I know I am capable of beating a lot of guys on hard and I know I can win big tournaments. At the same time, everybody plays well, everybody can beat everybody. It is unpredictable.” the Russian added.
Medvedev spoke about the difficulties of being the number two seed and overriding favourite in matches.
“Each week, you are going to play strong opponents who will want to beat you as you are No. 2 in the world.”
“I played quite good tennis at Wimbledon, but being top four in the world, even though it was a tough five-set battle against Hubert Hurkacz, to lose in the fourth round at a Grand Slam was not a good result.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner