‘His evolution is incredible’ – Alexander Zverev tipped for big 2021 by top coach
Alexander Zverev has been hailed for his ‘incredible evolution’ by Sascha Baijin, but he thinks he is still capable of more.
It has certainly been a mixed year for Zverev, who has won tournaments and reached his first Grand Slam final in 2020.
Much of that came after teaming with new coach David Ferrer, and Baijin, who used to coach Naomi Osaka among others, says it is clear Zverev is improving.
“[His] evolution is incredible,” Baijin said of compatriot Zverev.
“I’m very happy for him too. I’m a fan of his and I like the way he plays.
“I hope the US Open gave him the confidence he needed.
“He’s very athletic for his size and I think he can do a lot more – especially on hard courts that are getting faster again. That should suit his game.”
Zverev has also had a tumultuous time away from tennis too in 2020, with him being the subject of abuse allegations from a forer girlfriend, which he strenuously denies.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner