‘He’s a tough cookie’- Tsitsipas expecting tricky French Open battle against Rublev
World number six Stefanos Tsitsipas is expecting a tough match when he takes on Andrey Rublev in their French Open quarter-final later today.
Both Tsitsipas and Rublev are in their first ever quarter-final in Paris, with Tsitsipas hoping to reach a second Grand Slam semifinal and Rublev aiming to reach the last four at a major for the very first time.
It will be second time in less than two weeks the two have faced off with Rublev beating the Greek in the Hamburg Open final at the end of September, with Tsitsipas having served for the match in the deciding set.
Tsitsipas has won just one of his three previous meetings against the Russian and is anticipating another tricky meeting when they face off on Court Philippe Chatrier.
“He’s a tough cookie,” said Tsitsipas. ““He’s going to be difficult to play against. He has a very complete, solid game in all departments. He has improved his serve a lot.”
“It is very important for me to take this opportunity and fight harder this time, maybe do something better,” added the reigning ATP Finals champion.
Tsitsipas and Rublev are the third match on court today, and the third of the men’s singles quarter-finals to take place.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner