Grigor Dimitrov has Coronavirus. Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev at risk
Grigor Dimitrov, who played the Adria Tour with Novak Djokovic, has announced he has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus
Grigor Dimitrov has unfortunately contracted Coronavirus which he announced via Instagram. He has only just left the Adria Tour where he was seen in contact with other players including Novak Djokovic.
The Adria Tour has stated that anyone who was in close contact with Dimitrov should be tested immediately which means Novak Djokovic, Andrey Rublev, Alexander Zverev, Borna Coric. Marin Cilic and others will need to be tested to see if hey have caught the virus from Dimitrrov.
In his statement, Dimitrov said, “I want to reach out and let my fans and friends know that I tested positive back in Monaco for Covid-19. I want to make sure anyone who has been in contact with me during these past days gets tested and takes the necessary precautions. I am so sorry for any harm I might have caused. I am back home now and recovering. Thanks for your support and please stay safe and healthy. GD”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner