‘Grass is a surface that I love’ Tsitsipas confident ahead of Wimbledon
Stefanos Tsitsipas has never reached the quarter-finals of Wimbledon, but the World No. 3 is in confident mood ahead of the 2021 Championships.
The Greek has enjoyed a very good 2021 season, reaching the Australian Open semi-finals and final of French Open, in which he led two sets to love before Novak Djokovic produced an outstanding comeback.
Tsitsipas is yet to make a big impact at Wimbledon, however has reiterated his love for playing on grass and is fully confident of laying down a marker this year.
Seize the day 💜 pic.twitter.com/GW70C12oxe
— Stefanos Tsitsipas (@steftsitsipas) June 27, 2021
“I was a completely different person than I am now, I will probably say not as confident as I am now. I relied a lot on my confidence back then. Most certainly I didn’t really have a plan B or C. I just kind of had my one way of playing. That was also because of lack of experience, not been on the tour long enough.” the 22-year-old said.
“Honestly, grass court is a surface that I love. But probably two years ago, I didn’t really have the result I expected. It was kind of something that tore me apart. I think I’m a player that come to the net. I’m confident when it comes to serving and volleying, moving in.” Tsitsipas added.
Tsitsipas will play American Frances Tiafoe in the opening round on Monday.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner