Get your hands on the special Wimbledon edition of tennishead
After his historic run to the French Open final and the reappointment of Ivan Lendl as his coach, Andy Murray is back on home soil. A confident Murray will head to SW19 hoping to repeat his title-winning run from 2013. Award-winning tennis writer Paul Newman ponders whether an aggressive second serve will be the key to success.
The July 2016 issue is the Wimbledon edition and is packed full of all those things we love about the greatest tennis tournament in the world. We’ve got 50 things you (probably) didn’t know about the Championships. We also take a look behind the scenes at the All England Club and the army of highly-trained experts who will be responsible for capturing more than three million data points during this year’s tournament.
This year marks 20 years since Steffi Graf won her final Wimbledon title. German tennis writer Doris Henkel explores how two decades on, the German girls are back in the limelight.
Former world No.1 Jelena Jankovic tells us why she loves playing at Wimbledon, and Gordon Reid explains why he is relishing the opportunity to make history at SW19 this year. And in an exclusive interview with tennishead, Sania Mirza talks about being a role model in India.
In a jam-packed Academy section there’s analysis of David Goffin’s backhand, an insight from Patrick Mouratoglou into life on tour with Serena Williams, not to mention tips on hitting a slice serve on grass and Mats Merkel explains why so many players dread the grass court season, unlike Andy Murray.
Gear editor Michael Beattie looks at the All England Club’s strict white dress code and player attitudes towards it, while we review the best intermediate rackets on the market.
For all this, and much, much more, get your hands on a copy of tennishead today. On sale in selected branches of Tesco, Sainsbury’s and WHSmith. Click here to subscribe.
Check out a preview of the magazine below – selected pages only
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner