French Open Social Slice: Djokovic reaction; The Nadal Djokovic rivalry
On today’s Social Slice, we look at Novak Djokovic’s reaction to beating Matteo Berrettini at the French Open before checking out the latest Nadal vs Djokovic tweets.
Firstly, Novak Djokovic ensured that it would be him facing Rafael Nadal on Friday after a four set victory over Berrettini.
Despite losing the fourth set on a tie-breaker, three-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray insisted there was no way the Serbian would go on to lose the match.
You were right, Andy!
I’d put my house on @DjokerNole winning this match.
— Andy Murray (@andy_murray) June 9, 2021
Djokovic was evidently frustrated throughout the match after throwing away the third set and the elongated pause as the crowd left the night session due to the Paris curfew.
Just look at his reaction here!
— El Partidazo de COPE (@partidazocope) June 9, 2021
Twitter users have already put their spin on the Djokovic reaction and I don’t think it will be the last we see of it!
Check out how John Isner and Barbara Strycova were seemingly impacted by the roar by @AJ Eccles.
Hindrance, Novak Djokovic. pic.twitter.com/y63rkLsLCd
— Andrew Eccles (@AJEccles) June 9, 2021
A really interesting graphic by the @USOpen shows the entire Djokovic vs Nadal rivalry in 16 seconds.
Nadal dominated the early head-to-heads before Djokovic came back to take the lead.
The Spaniard has a chance to tie the record at 29 apiece with a win on Friday, but can he do it?
The entire Djokovic/Nadal rivalry in 16 seconds 👇 pic.twitter.com/ImHjSYnTPg
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) June 9, 2021
On the topic of the Nadal vs Djokovic rivalry @gigicat7_ posted a picture of the two all-time greats stating ‘it’s the 2050 year, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are facing each other for the 300th time’.
The way the pair are dominating the sport in their mid 30’s this doesn’t seem too far fetched!
It's the 2050 year, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are facing each other for the 300th time 😂 pic.twitter.com/8QWxdy9r8Y
— Luigi Gatto (@gigicat7_) June 9, 2021
We find out which women will appear in their first-ever Grand Slam final as the two semi-finals get underway today.
Giant-killer Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova takes on Tamara Zidansek, whilst Barbara Krejcikova takes on the recent conquerer of Iga Swiatek, Maria Sakkari.
Who gets into the final?
The #RolandGarros final will be…
— wta (@WTA) June 10, 2021
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner