Ever wondered what that tape on Ana Ivanovic’s thigh or Nick Kyrgios’ forearm actually does? Apart from looking pretty funky, the ultra-stretchy Dynamic Tape can help treat injuries and reduce recovery time.
While traditional kinesiology tape is designed to lift the skin and take pressure off injured areas, the biomechanical Dynamic Tape, which can stretch to over twice its resting length, does more than simply alleviate pain.
The brainchild of leading Australian musculoskeletal physiotherapist Ryan Kendrick, who was part of former world No.4 Greg Rusedski’s team on his comeback from injury, Dynamic Tape supports and reduces load on injured body parts, while still allowing full range of movement.
“It has very strong resistance and recoil; It stretches a long way which allows us to use it like a bungee cord to provide a deceleration force, load absorption and assistance back the other way,” explains Kendrick.
While the tape has remarkable healing powers – it has also been proven to reduce bruising and swelling faster – it can also help improve technique and reduce the risk of injury.
“Research shows that we can get effects on hip adduction and internal rotation – Ana Ivanovic has worn it in this way,” says Kendrick. “These movements are considered to increase load on many structures in the leg.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner