Dominic Thiem issues Australian Open warning, saying: ‘I found a super good timing’
Dominic Thiem believes he is slowly improving as he defeated Dominik Koepfer to move into the third round of the Australian Open.
Thiem has struggled so far this season, putting on a poor show at the ATP Cup and then putting in a patchy performance in his first round Australian Open match.
However, he looked much more like his usual self, winning 12 of the final 14 games of the match to cruise to a 6-4, 6-0, 6-2 win.
“I feel great, to be honest. I love this court, Margaret Court Arena,” Dominic Thiem said in his on-court interview.
“Today was a great match, I think my best so far in Australia. A lot of good stuff to build on.”
“Especially after the first set, kind of everything started to work. I found a super good timing.
“I think it got some degrees cooler, which was little bit more comfortable to play.
“But in general I’m happy because I beat a very good opponent in three sets.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner