Dominic Thiem: ‘I will take me weeks to get back to my best level’
World number four Dominic Thiem says it will take him ‘some weeks’ to get back to his best level after posting a fitness update.
Thiem has endured a poor start to the season, and after a double disappointment in Doha and Dubai, he returned to his Traiskirchen to work on his fitness.
His coach, Nicolas Massu is due to join him next week too, but he has warned fans not to expect the best of him in Belgrade, where he will make his return to the ATP Tour.
“Everything went quite well, for the next couple of days I‘ll be working really hard,” Dominic Thiem posted on his official website.
“But still, it will take me some weeks to get to my best level.
“At the moment I‘m working on my physical fitness together with Mike Reinprecht – in Madrid I want to play solid tennis again!“
Thiem has admitted to battling a persistent foot injury in recent times, although he has always been adamant it is not affected his performances.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner