‘Novak Djokovic showed at French Open why he’s different’, declares Chris Evert
Chris Evert believes world No. 1 Novak Djokovic showed at the French Open that “his reserve is just deeper than anybody else’s”.
The 18-time Major champion also believes the Serbian has a “very good chance” of winning the ‘Golden Slam’ this year.
Djokovic has won the Australian and French Open titles, and needs to add Wimbledon, the Olympics, and the US Open to become the first man to win all five in a year.
“Realistically I think he could do it, yeah. It’s not unrealistic at all. He just showed us at the French Open why he’s different than everybody else,” the American told the media.
“His reserve is just deeper than anybody else’s. The thing is, he’s not flashy, but he’s brilliant in the way he plays. There are so many articles written about his balance and his timing, his flexibility.
“But if he’s losing, he just has the ability to wait it out, wait it out. He gets one opportunity, he jumps in and he makes it happen. He makes it better than any other player.
“He seems to be on a mission. He seems to just have that intensity that more and more every year I see and that confidence. So do I think he can do it? Sure, I do think he can do it.
“You know what he does well? He also manages himself, his schedule, his emotions, his practice. His whole life is just managed to the T. He’s in the moment every match. I think, again, I would say he’s got a very good chance.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner