Novak Djokovic ‘looking forward to coming back stronger’ at Paris Olympics
Novak Djokovic has spoken of knowing in his heart that he “gave it everything to fight for a medal” after his Tokyo Olympics campaign.
The Serbian said he will never forget his “unbelievable experience” at his fourth Olympics, and revealed he is “looking forward to coming back stronger” at the 2024 Games in Paris.
The world number one missed out on a medal at the delayed 2020 Games – ending his hopes of winning a Golden Calendar Slam.
Djokovic lost to Alexander Zverev in the semi-finals, and Pablo Carreno Busta in the bronze medal match, of the men’s singles event.
View this post on Instagram
He then withdrew from the mixed doubles bronze medal match through injury – after he and partner Nina Stojanovic had fallen in the last four.
“It was a true privilege to represent Serbia at the Olympics. Thank you Tokyo and everyone that helped us come together for the magic of sport,” the 34-year-old wrote in an Instagram post.
“I know in my heart I gave it everything to fight for a medal, and I’m looking forward to coming back stronger in Paris. This was an unbelievable experience I will never forget. Good luck to all the Serbian athletes still competing for a medal.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner