Safina through to final in Hertogenbosch
Dinara Safina ran out a 6-3 6-2 winner over compatriot Elena Dementieva to reach the Ordina Open final.
The transition from European clay-court season to this grass-court Wimbledon tune-up has done little to slow the run of Dinara Safina, who defeated three top-10 players at Roland Garros before losing the final to Ana Ivanovic.
And despite her dislike for the surface, the 22-year-old finds herself on the verge of her first grass-court title, the perfect preparation for Wimbledon.
Standing in her way is Thai qualifier Tamarine Tanasugarn, who upset Ukrainian No.8 seed Alona Bondarenko in the other semi-final.
This will be the third final in as many events for Dinara Safina, who won the Berlin Open just prior to Paris, her first appearance in a Grand Slam final.
Safina will be looking to win her seventh career title on Saturday while the 31-year-old Tanasugarn will be gunning for her second championship trophy and first since winning at Hyderabad in 2003.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner