Davydenko wraps up Warsaw title
Nikolay Davydenko beat defending champion Tommy Robredo 6-3 6-3 in the final of the Orange Warsaw Open on Sunday.
World No.4 and top seed Davydenko was contesting his fourth final of the season, and the third on clay. The Russian dominated the first set, breaking Robredo on three occasions.
After leading by an early break of serve in the second set, he fended off five Robredo break points to close out the victory in just two hours. The 26-year-old dropped just one set on his way to the title.
World No. 19 Robredo was bidding to win his first ATP title at the Warsaw Open since last October, but the Spaniard, whose best result before this week was a semi-final finish at Valencia, could not match Davydenko from the back of the court.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner