David Goffin and Karen Khachanov feature at the Great Ocean Road Open: All you need to know
Top 20 stars David Goffin and Karen Khachanov headline the Great Ocean Road Open, one of two ATP 250 events being held in Melbourne alongside the ATP Cup.
The Great Ocean Road Open made its debut on the calendar last year in Adelaide, but due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 edition has been moved to Melbourne Park – the home of the Australian Open.
Top seed David Goffin will receive a bye in the first round but could face 17-year-old sensation and 2020 Newcomer of the Year Carlos Alcaraz in an intriguing second-round encounter.
Also in the top half of the draw is third seed Hubert Hurkacz, who got off to an impressive start to his season when he lifted the Delray Beach Open title.
Alongside Karen Khachanov in the bottom half of the draw is 19-year-old prospect Jannik Sinner and South African star Kevin Anderson, who is unseeded in this event.
Where is the tournament held?
What dates does the tournament run?
The tournament will run from 1 February – 7 February.
What court surface is the tournament played on?
The tournament is played on outdoor hard court.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner