Blue sky thinking
Milos Raonic will be kitted up in blue for this year’s French Open as he looks to continue his impressive run of form in 2016
The Canadian returned to the top 10 this week following a strong start to the season despite struggling with an adductor injury. Raonic returns to Paris after missing last year’s French Open to undergo foot surgery. He enjoyed his best performance in 2014 when he reached the quarter-finals at Roland Garros.
Raonic has enjoyed a strong start to 2016. He started the season on a high, beating Roger Federer to win the title in Brisbane before reaching the Australian Open semi-finals. He lost to Novak Djokovic in the BNP Paribas Open final in Indian Wells, as well as quarter-final appearances in Miami and Monte Carlo.
At Roland Garros Raonic will be wearing the New Balance 996v2, a lightweight performance tennis shoe with PROBANK stability technology. He will be wearing the Tournament Crew in Pacific and white Tournament Shorts.
Raonic, who signed a lifetime deal with New Balance last summer, takes a keen interest in the brand.
“I do know pretty much every aspect of what goes on and how things are made and the whole process,” he said last year. “I have seen how they make shoes in the factory by hand there, what the whole process is – and I have actually been a part of some of the processes. I hope the person that got that shoe I made was happy!”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner