Big Apple Style
The eye-catching Adidas adizero collection features a multi-faceted print inspired by the architecture and landscape of New York. Alexander Zverev, the youngest member of the top 50 will be wearing the men’s adizero collection, while Ana Ivanovic, Simona Halep and Angelique Kerber will all be wearing the women’s collection at Flushing Meadows.
“Each Grand Slam is unique, playing off the energy and vibrancy of its host city,” said Lotta Jurica, Global Category designer at adidas Tennis. “We harness this energy in our collections for each tournament, refreshing our ranges to give them the geographical and seasonal relevance these great sporting moments deserve.
“The 2016 US Open adizero range is a great example of how a print inspired by the people, architecture and skyline of one of the most iconic cities in the world, can enable athletes to deliver equally bold performances when they step out onto its courts.”
“The US Open is an extremely special tournament to me, in one of my favourite cities, so it’s great to be able to bring a little piece of that onto the court with my adizero outfit,” said Ana Ivanovic. “New York is notoriously humid in summer, but the cooling fabrics and technologies in my adidas dress are amazing and allow me to focus on my game.”
Meanwhile, Dominic Thiem and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be wearing the men’s Barricade collection in Slash Red and Tech Ink.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner