Bianca Andreescu injury fears mount again as she withdraws from three tournaments
Bianca Andreescu has withdrawn from three upcoming WTA events as injury concerns begin to grown for the Canadian ace.
Andreescu returned to tennis at the Australian Open after a 15-month injury lay-off and appeared to be over her knee problem.
Despite a second round exit, she produced a semi-final run at the Phillip Island Trophy in Melbourne the following week.
However, just as she was about to step up her comeback with tournaments in Adelaide, Doha, and Dubai, agent Jonathan Dasnieres de Veigy has confirmed she will now miss all three.
“The lower body issue she had is not concerning at all but she has to think about the longevity of the season and of her career,” he said.
The 20-year old will now concentrate on her fitness to make sure he is able to play the Miami Open which gets underway on March 22.
Bianca Andreescu won the US Open in 2019 but has only managed to play a handful of events since due to injury.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner