‘I don’t give a sh*t about this match,’ says Paire after another first round defeat
Controversial Frenchman Benoit Paire says he does not ‘give a sh*t’ about losing in the first round of the Monte-Carlo Masters.
Paire faced Australian Jordan Thompson in a strange match on Sunday, eventually losing in three sets despite never once looking interested in winning.
He won the second set despite hitting 28 unforced errors during it, and afterwards he continued his recent tirade about being happy to lose early in tournaments so he can leave the bio-secure bubble.
“Honestly I don’t give a sh*t about this match,” Paire told reporters at the Monte-Carlo Masters after the defeat.
“Playing in a cemetery like this, it’s just not possible anymore. All the players think it. I am perhaps the only one to say it.
“Tennis is no longer bringing me anything good. I’ve got no more spark.”
Paire openly tanked at the Argentina Open earlier this year, and then celebrated when he lost in the first round of the Mexican Open the following week.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner